Robin Cheong and Taekwondo
Robin has a passion for Taekwondo in all forms and believes each student has the ability to become an outstanding athlete in the sport.
She believes participating in Taekwondo can have a positive effect on both body and soul.
Robin's journey in Taekwondo
Instructor Robin Cheong in a New Zealand taekwondo athlete who competed in the Women's 57 kg class in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, reaching the quarter finals and ranking 7th, and the 2012 London Olympic Games. In 2008 Robin won the gold medal at the Beijing Olympic Selection competition.
Robin studied at the Taekwondo Sports College in the Republic of Korea before competing a degree in Sports Science at AUT in Auckland, New Zealand
In 2008 Robin received the highly acclaimed New Zealand University Blue award.
What Robin has achieved in Taekwondo
Robin's competition results include:
- Gold medal 2006 Oceania Taekwondo Championships
- Gold medal 2007 Oceania Olympic Qualification Tournament
- Silver medal 2010 Canadian Open Championships
- Gold medal 2010 Olympic Division Canadian Open Championships
- Gold medal 2010 Olympic Division International Club Open, Republic of Korea
- Silver medal 2010 Oceania Union Taekwondo Championships
- Gold medal 2011 Olympic Qualification Tournament, New Caledonia
Where Robin teaches Taekwondo
Robin is a member of Sejong Taekwondo under Grandmaster Jin Keun Oh. She teaches at Elite Taekwondo in Waitoki, Sejong Taekwondo in Browns Bays, and takes taekwondo seminars around New Zealand.